Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Summer is quickly approaching, which means more vitamin D, fresh produce, and cookouts. The perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and tangy, this Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice is a sizzling summer dish sure to pack a punch!
Inspired by the flavors of summer, we added in our Grove Harvest Coconut Chips to the cauliflower rice to add a crunch. This dish is keto-friendly AND delicious – because you don’t have to sacrifice flavor to hit your health goals.
Keep in mind, the key to jerk chicken is the marinade. A quick tip, let the chicken marinate longer for added spice. Or, if you’re looking for a milder flavor, keep it to around 1 hour. Also, try and coordinate the completion of dishes by preparing the chicken and cauliflower rice at the same time.
1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 red bell pepper, chopped
4-5 scallions, chopped into 1″ pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
2″ knob ginger, grated
2 TBSP tamari or soy sauce
1 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP lime juice
1/2 TBSP honey
1/2 TBSP allspice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 large mango, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 scallion, minced
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper
12 oz package frozen riced cauliflower
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
Zest and juice of 1 small lime
1/2 cup Grove Harvest Coconut Chips (divided)
Salt and pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a 1-gallon Ziploc bag. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Let sit for at least an hour, but no more than 6 hours.
- Prepare salsa: In a small bowl, combine diced mango, avocado, scallion, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and let cook, covered, for 5-6 minutes (until browned). Flip chicken and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Cut into a piece to check doneness; if not ready, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook until done (it’s hard to overcook!). Transfer chicken to a plate.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, add bell pepper and scallions. Cook, stirring often until browned.
- At the same time, prepare cauliflower rice: In a separate pan, heat 1/2 TBSP olive oil over medium-high heat. Add riced cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add coconut milk and continue to cook until heated through. Remove from heat; reserving 2 TBSP of chips, stir in coconut chips, lime zest, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve chicken and cauliflower rice with peppers, scallions, and salsa. Sprinkle with reserved coconut chips for extra crunch. Enjoy!
Guest Recipe by Stephanie Payne: https://www.stephthemessychef.com
Chicken marinade adapted from Ambitious Kitchen: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/one-pan-caribbean-jerk-chicken-with-pineapple-coconut-rice